Jewish National Fund-USA's
December 25, 2023 – January 1, 2024
JNF-USA has been running Alternative Break trips
to Israel for over 18 years.
We have brought 3,000 college students and young adults ages 18-24 to get their hands dirty while making a difference for the land and people of Israel!
Overview of the Trip:
Each day of the trip is comprised of volunteering, touring, education, and independent time in the evenings and on Shabbat.
Included with acceptance on the trip: round-trip flight to Israel, accommodations, most meals, and medical insurance.
Due to high demand, Alternative Break is now
an application based trip.
The Acceptance Process is as follows:
1. Fill out application
2. Within a few days, a JNF-USA staff member will contact you to set up an interview
3. You will hear back within 48 hours whether you have been accepted on to the trip
4. Once you accept, you will be directed to officially register
5. Upon registration, you will: pay your deposit, book your flights and set up your fundraising page
1. Group flight out of NYC - limited availability first come first serve.
**must get yourself to NYC, limited extensions available
2. Flight itineraries by request (for participants not able to fly from NYC or need to extend)
**Travel guidelines - all participants must be at Ben Gurion Airport by 8 am on Dec 25th (this means flying out on Dec 24th) and must fly out of Israel after 11pm on Jan 1st (landing back in the US on the 2nd)
All students will pay a refundable $360 deposit due at time of acceptance.
Once you return home from the trip, JNF-USA will reimburse you to same form of payment.
Each participant is responsible for raising a minimum of $1500 from at least 5 unique donors for JNF-USA's Blueprint Negev Campaign that is dedicated to expanding the South of Israel by doubling population and supporting employment, healthcare, education, and cultural development in the region.
Your fundraising page is created upon registration.
Jewish National Fund-USA proudly partners with
the following organizations for Alternative Break
Jewish National Fund-USA is committed to running a healthy and safe in-person volunteer experience. The health and safety of trip participants is, and will always be, JNF-USA’s top priority.